Friday, May 1

Their Superhero



This morn, at the early hour of 9am BT [Bum Time], I woke to the sounds of both progenitors alternately waking me up in manner of frantic house-is-burning hysteria. “What’s the matter?” I asked one of em in a voice thick with sleep through closed lids while I try to encourage my dream about sending letters to go on. “Hurry, we need you to press the right button! Things lost forever are at stake!” my mother said in a loud clear voice which dispelled my dream and effectively scared it away. When I popped my head out of my room, I saw both parents gesturing hopelessly towards the laptop computer. [We are afraid to Eject! Things might be lost forever!] With a sigh, I approached to do the daughter task of reading the warning message and obediently cancelled then re-opened the file as they interjected “We want to watch the 24/7 again!” After Pacquiao’s facial-haired face went back on screen, I trudged to my room to chase my dream but it refused to come back so I got up and fixed a coffee-bean based oatmeal breakfast for self.
***

Phone Bitch




An unknown number texted me one morning asking me who I am. Tha hell will I answer an impudent nervy person demanding to know who I am when I’ve got better things to do with my time and my phone! So I more or less expressed that thought to the unknown intruder via text and the person enigmatically texted again, claiming that I knew it since I called it by name not too long ago. Having no patience for such tactics, I called to cut down the crap on identity guessing games. The person who had so much balls to demand who I am turned out to have no balls in answering its phone so fed up with people like these who’ve got nothing to do with their time but play childish mind games, I texted one final message to the non-person at the other end of the mobile: “Niloloko ka lang niya.” [You’re being played at.] was my final message to the loser who never bothered me again after that.

No comments: