Sunday, June 26

Museum of Broken Relationships

I've long heard about the Museum of Broken Relationships. But today, I actually got to see it via this video I found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/750086135132896/ The museum is a place to donate items that remind owners of their exes and each item comes with a story like the small dinosaur toy on which the caption read: "Remember how many skee balls we had to roll in order to win this?" 

Seeing the video inspired me to think of what my donations for the Museum of Broken Relationships would be:


  • My red shirt                                                                                                                             


I wore this when I decided to travel 4 hours to surprise him on Valentine's Day. Afterwards, I refused to wash it because it smelled like his perfume and for a time, I always slept with the shirt next to me. 

  • Movie Passes 

I scored passes and invited him to watch a movie with me for our 3rd date. Towards the end of the night, I tried giving him his pass to keep as a souvenir. He told me to just keep it. Maybe it was a sign I didn't see. 


  • Loom Band 

This loom band was given to me by a friend who worked with me. But I will include this in memory of someone else -the boy I was in a relationship with at that time. We used to spend all our weekends together ever since we got together but there was 1 whole week when we didn't see each other 'cause I was so busy. Anyway, when we finally saw each other, he told me that in my absence, he had repaired my loom band which had gotten broken and which I left at his house. 

  • Couple Photo Collage

Back when photo collage apps still don't exist and my Photoshop skills were very limited, I asked my best friend to create a collage of me and my guy's numerous photos and then printed it so I can give it to him as a Valentine's gift. 







No comments: