Sunday, May 9

As havin ma hair hack’d off in our neighborhood fo’ 60 bucks a month ago resulted in flyaways every morn fo’ me [& I NEVER have flyaways] due to irregularity of lengths [back’s a bit long & left sida hair’s shorter than tha right], I had ma hair hack’d off again @ Fix salon tis time, as recommended by Angel & tha boy Toy. [it took me a month to realize sumthin’s wrong wit ma hair] Right away, I notic’d tha salon’s differences from David’s, ma former suki before ma fave hairdresser got too ‘spensive fo’ me. First off is tha hairdresser’s fee. Where David’s charge a higher fee fo’ senior stylists, Fix charge tha same fee fo’ all seven of their hairstylists wit all of em carryin’ tha same “senior stylist” title. Second is tha shampoo & blow-dry personnel. At David’s, ladies are assign’d to man tha task of shampooin’ & blowdryin’. At Fix, a guy shampooed & blowdried ma hair which was fine wit me ‘cept he kept takin hold of ma ears as if makin sho’ one ain’t comin off durin tha shampoo. I also notic’d that unlike @ David’s where tha sink is connected to tha wall, tha sinks @ Fix are rightly arrang’d so it ain’t leanin on walls. Tis is much better since tha shampooer can go behind tha sink to do tha customer’s hair & not have any part of his body obstruct/invade tha shampoee’s personal space whereas tha shampooers @ David’s have no choice but be right next to ya facin ya wit their armpits directly on top of yer face so they can reach yer head & shampoo you right. [makin me think that they hafta do some b.o. screening before they hire tha shampooers]
***
And speakin of b.o., I juz found out that bein non-judgmental has it faults. Goin home that day, I boarded a bus and as I wanna seat near tha front, I plopp’d down @ tha first semi-empty seat I could see which was in a three-seater next to a bald but otherwise hairy man in yellow. Tha man, who was ‘bout in his forties has a sharp look ‘bout him often seen in men merchandisin’ DVD’s which made me think he’s from Mindanao. [sowee fo’ tha political incorrectness!] I diden mind tho’ even if I was also thinkin how come no one else who boarded ahead thought of sittin next to him. A few moments later I found out. Tha man was fail’d by his deodorant. By then, an ale had seated next to me hence makin me inch closer to ‘manong DVD’. Therefore, I had to think ways in which ‘manong DVD’ won’t be able to blast away ma sinuses so much. When tha realization first hit ma nose, tha first thang I did was to lift ma left shoulder slightly so twasn’t next to M.D.’s right one anymore. [shud tha smell stick to me, wut then?] Then through various head tiltings, I tried findin’ tha right angle where fresh air may pass ma nasal passage. There was a time I found it [bing-o!] and I was quite honestly surprised to find it so that I look’d left @ M.D., sniff’d hesitantly, found tha air to still be untainted, then look’d doubtfully @ tha misis on ma right. Could it be tha ale was really tha nasal passage-offender? Tha smell return’d not long after, tho’ & after many subtle left & right head swings, I re-affirm’d that ma nose was right tha first time. Twas indeed manong DVD on ma left. And then I wonder’d if I cud take out ma hanky & cover ma nose witout offendin him but he duzen look too tolerant wit such actions so I refrain’d. Wut I did was content ma’self wit keepin’ ma left arm forward & lean’d more to tha right towards tha ale & juz pray’d manong’d git off soon. Wen he diden, I tried lookin’ round fo’ empty seats to transfer to but tha bus got fuller by tha mo’. Finally, he unloaded @ Centerpoint, which was two stops away from where am gettin off.
***

No comments: