Monday, July 14

I used to pride myself for waking up right on alarm and never ever snoozing my cellphone to spend a few more minutes in bed, like most people do. When my ex and I broke up, I started acting like everyone else and had begun acquiring tha habit of snoozing my alarm even up to 4 times, thus waking up juz around lunch time and being late for work. Two weeks ago, for tha first time in my life since we broke up, I started waking right on tha dot again… up and about at 6:20 AM and even having time to do a few sit-ups. Now, it seems I’m back to snoozing, sleeping in, and walking wit my soul trailing behind…
***
When someone gives you anything like a gift, his heart, or tha like, don’t immediately latch on to it and own it. Try to feel first if he’s not kidding and if he really meant for you to have it. Relax your grip and don’t cling on like a barnacle to the object you were given because you’ll never know when he’ll take it back. And when he does, nothing can be more frustrating and hurting than when you’ve already treated tha gift as a permanent treasure that’s your own.

No comments: