Saturday, April 21

It hurted


It hurted a lot today. It hurt when I asked him to return my favorite book, and he told me he wasn't done reading it, and I tapped the pages of the book against the table so that his bookmark falls out and I handed it to him. And it hurt how I did not put something on the page to remember where he stopped reading so that he can resume reading someday, maybe. And it hurt that I wanted him to take me to where I was meeting a friend like he wanted. But I told him I can go to the place alone. And when I stepped on the bus, it hurt me that although I wanted him to board, I said goodbye to him. And it hurt so much that he accepted my decision with a nod and a half hurt/half angry face. And it hurt very very much when he walked away. I didn't want him to go. I felt very lonely. I wanted to take him in my arms. But I can't, he's gone. :'c

No comments: