Thursday, March 19

I never said I loved you.

mahal kita girl loves boy

But somehow you knew, didn't you?
In the way my doubt and irritation at your daily chitchats turned into feelings of giddiness at your morning messages and late night calls.
In the way the hint of a smile escaped my lips when you tried to make me admit that you already have my heart.
In how I regretted not holding you close in my arms and soothing you when we were up near the clouds in the ferris wheel and it turned out you had fear of heights and you held dearly for life to the beams on both sides of you whilst imagining Final Fantasy deaths.
In the way I jumped by way of greeting, wrapped both arms and legs around you and clung like a stubborn barnacle you had no choice but to carry me with you like a conjoined twin as you fetched something you needed from the other room.
In the way I traveled for hours and stood on the bus the first chance I got to be with you.
In the way I watched you while you slept and kissed you lightly when I woke up and you're still asleep.
In the way I never admitted my feelings for you because I never wanted to hold you down and wanted you to always be free.
In the way I think of you first thing in the morning and last thing before I sleep.
In how I always try to ask you how your day was and how proud I always will be of you for your small achievements and how I wanted to cheer you up when you are lonely.
In the way I sing lullabyes for you before I sleep.
In the way I think that your laugh is the best sound in the world.
In the way my heart always breaks whenever I miss you but I don't seek you nor ask for your time because I want you to be free to do as you please.
In the way I considered learning how to do certain household chores I haven't even tried doing simply because you asked if I can do it for you should we live together.
In how I wanted to tell you that flawed as I may be, I am ready to love you endlessly and I will never cheat on you or look at any other man like what your ex had done.
In the way I will never ask you to commit to me or marry me because I am happy just to have my hand held by you and be with you as we drive around town or stroll the malls.
In the way I wanted to give you everything in life that could make you happy - if only I could.
These are my "i love you's" never said but spelled out for you.
In dreams or reality, I continue to care for you.
Without a doubt, you stole my heart even if loving again is the scariest thing to do.




No comments: