Wednesday, September 11

I don’t understand the logic of includin’ templates in Nokia phones. If they think we’d be savin’ time by juz editin’ their stupid templates, I think searchin’ for the right template to edit would consume more time than if we’d juz type the message ourselves. Aside from this, their ready-made templates could not be deleted no matter wut so that I can’t store more picture messages ‘coz damn templates are usin’ up precious space. So I’ve decided to edit them. Might as well. Now ma templates read:
1) I’m in a meeting. Call me when I start to fall asleep.
2) Meeting is cancelled because I scheduled for a pedicure.
3) I am late. I will be there when the sun sets.
4) See you in your birthday suit.
5) See you on my ninetieth birthday.
6) Sorry, I can’t help you in this lifetime.
7) I will be arriving at 80 kilometers per hour.
8) Please call the dog by its proper name.
9) I’m at home. Please call the fire department station.
10) I’m at work. Please call at your own risk.
**********************************************************
Found out that some Tagalog words translate to English figuratively and literally. An example is ma fave word for ma good friend ruth -tha Tagalog word “pokpok” –a verb, which translated into English, is “hit”. Literally, both words mean to strike, beat, or knock sumthin’ as in “hit tha nail wit a hammer” or “pukpokin ng martilyo ang pako”. At tha same time, both words have tha same figurative meaning which translates to flirting. Example: Tagalog: Pinopokpok ni Ruth si Ben. English: Ruth is hitting on Ben. Galing, noh?

No comments: