Monday, December 8

For tha past few days unknown forces had been conspiring against me so that I cuden git ma hands on ma 13th month-pay. Thursday when I was s’pos’d to git it along wit evry’un else, I did not have P17 change so that I hafta wait til tha next day while tha three fellas ‘round me celebrated & drank booze in tha office. [tha boss had gone off to sumwhere.] Friday had me hurryin’ off to meet pals sumwhere so that claimin’ yesterday’s loot totally escap’d ma mind till I was a block away from tha O & too ashamed to turn back to get it. Fin’lly juz when I’m equipp’s wit baryas & loose change and memory’s gewd, tha key to tha metal box [from which our cash is kept] chose today of all days to disappear. Gewd thing ma ‘mate thought of bringing tha box to a nearby mall to have it open’d -however silly he might’ve look’d carryin’ it. Ended up bringing home a very thick wad of mint as bonus consisted of a pile of 20 & 50-peso bills.
***
“Ano ba yan, daig mo pa si Fernando Poe!” --maver to me when she found out I had toasted bread witout removing tha newspapers on top of tha toaster.

No comments: