Tuesday, December 30

Was it only two weeks ago?
That I had a chat wit ma bro’s gf? Early into their 4-year relationship, I used to bond wit bigbro’s gf every Sunday when we’d sit next to each otha in church and gossip evry time tha choir wud sing. Those chances became fewer & fewer as we don’t git to arrive in church at tha same moment anymore & even if we do git seated next to each other, we found we had nuthin to say to each otha’s face. But two weeks ago, bro’s gf was unusually chatty to me tryin’ to fit in all she had to say before tha church service ended & she hafta be whisk’d away by ma brotha. She was tellin me of her plans to quit work as a teller. And that she plann’d to study again. She plann’d to study nursing and as she hafta start all over again knew that by tha time she finish’d shell school shell prolly be too old fo’ marriage. Said she told bro she plannd on studyin’ at De Los Santos, which is near our place.
Well, last week, she refus’d to go to church wit ma brotha –which, wit tha right amount of pestering, bro told me to have sumthin to do wit his comin home late last night from his office’s Christmas party and tha fact that tha gf’s brotha saw ma bro wit anotha gurl in SM Mega Mall. That, and prolly tha fact that bro’s usin anotha gurly’s Santa Clause-capped face as screensaver in his phone. So that last week, tha gf [now ex-gf] weirdly gave mum a cake wit a thank-you card attach’d …and she never gave anything to us in their 4-year relationship ‘cept fo’ that pillow she gave me on their first year together. And I heard her belting out a sad [teary?] song beneath me that day she refus’d to go wit bro to church. [she lives downstairs as one of our boarders] Well, who cud’ve thought ma bro had it in him to cheat on his gf? Tha gurl downstairs was his first gf while ma bro was not tha gf’s first. Maver, paver & I were all bettin’ that tha gf wud break his heart sumday seein’ as how he used to be so smitten & all but bro proved us wrong. I know I used to say I can’t stand tha ex-gf but she wasn’t really mean or anythang I was prolly juz jealous like I am over any’un most of tha time anyway. And anyway, any’un wud’ve felt sympathy fo’ tha gurl ‘spesh when I remember ‘twas only 2 weeks ago when tis conversation happen’d:
Me: “Terno, a!” [referring to ma bro & tha ex-gf’s matching turquoise attire]
Ex-gf: “Siyempre! [looping an arm lovingly towards bro’s arm] …may sayaw pa kami ñan eh!”
Bro [jokingly]: “Best friend na nga lang tayo, diba?”
I don’t think tha ex-gf took his jokes and hints about supposed chicks @ work seriously ‘til her provided her solid evidence.

No comments: