Tuesday, December 30

Me honing Toyz’ call center agent skills
From tha moment we say hello till tha end of our phone convos, it has become an unspoken agreement fo’ me & Toyz, ma job batchmate [we got hired @ tha same month] to talk in fluent English complete wit accents everytime we talk on tha phone to hone Toyz’ call agent skills. But to further polish his skills, I ask’d him to pretend that I’m a customer. Here’s part of our convo:
Toyz: Good evening, ma’am! What is your account number?
Me: My account number’s 123456…..
Toyz: What is the account number’s first and last name?
Me: It’s 444332516 and 77899..
Toyz [cutting in]: I’m sorry but I was asking for the account’s first and last name.
Me: Oh. I forgot.
Toyz: How would you like me to call you ma’am?
Me: Bitch.
Toyz: Well, what is your husband’s name?
Me: Saddam
Toyz: And what is your pin number?
Me: That’s personal! Why are you asking for so many numbers anyway?
Toyz: Well, bitch, we have to get your number so that we may open your account
***
How tha boys treat me @ work:
Caren and Kelmer are both polite –Kelmer never miss tha chance to say ‘scuse me’ when reaching fo’ paper that’s situated on top of ma pc as if I’m blockin his way when in fact I’m a foot apart while Caren who’s juz 4 steps away from me alwez feels tha need to git up from his seat to talk to me when relaying orders from our boss and speaks in a super slow soft tone as if hes givin out instructions to a child or a fool.
Eypi thinks I’m a li’l kid. An example is when I overheard him tellin Kelmer ‘bout some kid who collects old newspapers at their home…‘Siguro malaki lang ng konti si Shayn sa kaña’, I heard him say, and today when he ask’d me about tha Christmas goodies I’ve accumulated [he diden ask tha OJT who was younger than me], he was reminiscin’ how gewd ‘twas to git gifts & money in tha olden dayz as if hez 85 years old instead of 25.




No comments: