Monday, January 28

Signs you’re getting fat

Used to be that all tha junkfood… tha potato chips, Mr. Chips, Tortillos, cake slices, chocolate and strawberry cookies I ram into ma mouth don’t turn into anything ‘cept be burn’d down for some unfathomable reason [coz Lord knows exercise I do not]. That my flat 24-inch waistline would not betray tha restless mouth I have that’s prone to bouts of midnight snackin’. That I’d even make fun of ma high school pals’ seriousness at dieting by defiantly eating 2-3 Mars chocolate almond bars during lunch and leave ‘em wondering why I don’t get fat and my skin doesn’t break out. I thought all was fine and I could continue like this till old age & not be fat. Then I reach’d 23.
Because of a not-so-adequate earnings, a workplace that’s waay faraway from home, and a job that entails late night events, I tried to save by not eating much outside tha home and then stuffin’ ma pretty face full once I step’d inside tha comforts of my home -which would usually be around 10pm becoz of tha heavy traffic and tha natural farness of tha workplace or even later when there’s an event- and then proceeding to lie down & sleep even before I have completely digested my last bite. After a year of this kinda lifestyle, workmates begin to notice tha weight I was putting on, every pair of loose jeans I own suddenly begin to fit snugly, and t’was a constant struggle to put on jeans that used to be easy to get into. Suddenly I’m fat. And here are tha telltale signs:
  1. During a bath, you try to look down straight at yer crotch and find that your stomach is obstructing tha view.
  2. When you slip on a pair of panties, all open sides –tha waistband, and both leg bands seem to be digging a bit into your flesh and tha waistband seem to get semi-lost UNDER tha bulge that is your tummy where it USED TO just lie FLAT on your tummy and tha skin abuv tha waistband is level with tha waistband as if both are just of one flat, even surface.[not anymore!]
  3. You wear a tight fitting shirt and notice that tha part covering tha stomach has creases and folds.
  4. You find lines [if not full on cellulites]on your tummy.
  5. You pinch your puson and find that you have something [a whole lot of something] to pinch.
  6. You put a ruler from your navel straight down and find that there’s a space between tha ruler and your skin just three inches below your navel.
  7. When you wear old slacks, you find that your crotch has gotten quite bulky and tha outline of your crotch is visible, not to mention tha hot, crowded, closed-in feeling your crotch is having.
  8. At tha end of tha day, you’ll have red marks around your waist and tummy from wearing jeans that has gotten super snug.
  9. You frequently get gas, “kabag”, ulcer and an uncomfortable feeling in your stomach that you get from insisting on wearing jeans that don’t really fit anymore.

No comments: