Thursday, August 21

“It's him.” I say to myself and to everyone who has ears, excited and full of hope. I have met tha man who weakens me. Tha heart has chosen, reason broken. So special was he, I wanted to steal a kiss on his neck, tha nearest part of him, as he slept next to me on tha way home in tha jeep after our first kiss. So special was he, I resist impulses to hug him in public when we meet. So special, I try to give him good dreams and keep him safe every night by sheer force of affection towards him. So special was he that I speak to my Creator about him.

Me: Is this true? Are you really giving him to me?
God: …
Me: Isn't this wut you wanted? Isn’t it good that am feelin' this? And that I want to love him more than myself and I wanna put all tha greatness other people have said bout me and all tha good features You have infused in Your creation of me into a Crack at Loving him.
God: But he is not yours.
Me: …
God: You do know I gave him temporarily, didn't you? That I was prone to take him back from you eventually, as most things in this world are not permanent.
Me: I know. But give me, like, a month and a half.

No comments: