Tuesday, January 15

Good taste, great pairings with San Miguel Lifestyle Brews

My favourite San Miguel Lifestyle Brews drinking experience occurred years ago in 2007, and yet it was something that is unforgettable for me. I had the pleasure of drinking Cerveza Negra for the first time during a reunion among college friends. All kinds of alcoholic beverages were being served at that time, but being a person who always likes to discover new things and always wanting to try out choices that everyone else overlooks...

I decided to order San Miguel's Cerveza Negra, and give it a try.


Whoa, what an experience! The cool dark malt was slowly met by my tongue, throat and taste buds with approval! With just 5% alcoholic content, Cerveza Negra is a no-fuss drinking companion that simply chills and soothes rather than other drinks boasting of higher alcoholic content which leaves me with a sick feeling afterwards. The more I drink of it, the more I was quietly, elegantly, wonderfully calmed. It relaxed me with a subtly soft sensation which I loved!

I loved the experience so much that even if I am not much of an alcohol drinker myself, I decided to give Cerveza Negra a try again 2 weeks later.Somehow, I missed this drink I've just recently tried already.

Me sporting a tan and posing with the label I peeled from my Cerveza Negra bottle  that  night.

This time, I invited my friend Chris (who was, at that time, my readily available eating buddy whenever I'm found craving for something) to come with me as I hunt down the dark lager I am craving. I don't think anyone needs to wait for an occasion to drink. If the craving is strong enough, we should not ignore it and do something to satisfy it!

As the drink was not sold everywhere, we went from restaurant after restaurant in Shangri-La Mall, Edsa trying to look for Cerveza Negra in the menu.
Finally, we found that Congo Grille had it in their menu. Bingo! We decided to order the Pork Sisig and Inihaw na Liempo to go with the beer. As expected, Cerveza Negra gave me that subtly calming, fresh cold beer taste that's smooth and instantly relaxing at the same time. A bit darker tasting that gives you the right sophisticated edge of flavour but not so bitter you wouldn't enjoy it, the dark beer was the perfect taste to contrast the salty pork dinner we were having! Cerveza Negra once again proved that it's a classic beer fit for any occasion -whether having a class reunion or simply hanging out with a good buddy!

Conclusion? Beer craving satisfied, mission accomplished!


No comments: