Tuesday, July 22

Why I Haven't Settled Down

My favorite celeb look-alike

A boy I've dated told me that his ex-girlfriend (as with most girls in their 20's and up who are obsessed about getting hitched) had demanded marriage from him and that, when it became clear that he will not ask for her hand in marriage and that he won't provide her an engagement ring with a minimum value of P150,000, she had cursed him furiously.

Probably worried that I will do the same to him, hence the sudden sharing of stories, I assured him that no, I was not after marrying him and that no, I won't be tying him down anytime soon after only, what, three months (?) of dating him.

Being a believer in freedom myself, I told him that I have no plans of settling down anytime soon. "It's so much fun being chased after, courted and lavished with lots of attention and affection," I told him. "There's nothing like the thrill of  new devotion being provided by a fresh suitor which I could never get from an old husband who had grown accustomed to taking me for granted," I added. I also told him that it was probably another reason why sometimes I keep breaking up with the men I date because of my constant search for unwavering devotion.

In time, I hope I will also find a man worth tying down for. But for now, I will continue lavishing in the attention and affection of the boys I date.





No comments: