Thursday, July 17

A Letter To My Soul Mate

To The One I Haven't Met,


I do not know the exact moment I started believing in you. I know I blogged about you in July 2002, and then again in April 2009 -when I believed that you were my first boyfriend and that I've made the fatal mistake of letting you slip away. Here's also another post about you in June 2009, plus more posts here.

I know I exhibit cynical behavior about getting married, and should you have -by any chance- heard me while I was dishing out my doomsday opinions on getting hitched to friends -like I don't care if I don't marry or bear children in this life- you'd probably be turned off right away.

But just the same, I'd like to assure you that I'd still very much like -and I'm hoping so much- to meet you with every fibre of my being. I am in no hurry to meet you because when I do, I know that it will be life's greatest gift to me- just to find the life partner I've been searching for my whole life who can ease all my worries and who I can be comfortable with no matter what I say or do. What's most important is that I find you at all.

When I finally find you, I know that all my insecurities and fears will slip away... That no matter how difficult it is for a man to love me, you will find a way to still do regardless of me being an Iglesia Ni Cristo, or despite my differences from you in background and despite me having traits that are not so easy to put up with. Likewise, I promise to love you unconditionally, and know that I will put your safety, interest and well-being above my own. Also, I will never ever hurt you. I vow that you will get the best treatment ever simply for finding me and giving me love that has no end.

For now, I have stopped my quest to look for you cause I can only take so much heartbreaks at a time. I hope you understand. For the mean time, please take care of yourself and wait for me, for I am on my way.




No comments: