Wednesday, September 10

A Letter to God

http://weheartit.com/Daniekburggraaf


Dear God,

I haven't been your biggest fan for so long. In fact, I haven't talked to you for years because I have been sulking for a while and felt like you favor your other children over me. How else can I explain why my wish for happiness is pushed aside while you grant friends, families and acquaintances their soul mates/lifetime partners? I felt left out -like I'm your least favorite child in the world, and that you feel the need to give others (particularly my friends) what they want while you let me wait and wait and be miserable without my other half.

But lately, a friend of mine has encouraged me to try talking to you and see if it will make me feel better. As I have felt that I have come to one of my lowest points in life recently when I've gone through a heartbreak and someone I considered a friend broke my trust in a totally unbelievable and depressing way, I've decided to give it a shot. Every morning as I walk towards my ride to work or when I remember it, I talk to you and pray that the friend who has betrayed my trust will make things right by taking responsibility for what he has done. Additionally, I have also continued to ask you for the one thing I have been asking constantly from you ever since -to give me my lifetime partner and to let me know once I have met him.

With what's happened lately, I know that this was your doing, and that you are working in order to grant me my long standing wish. With this in mind, I'd like to give thanks to you for making this possible for me. You and I may not be as close as you and your devout followers, but at this time of hurt, betrayal and confusion, I'd like to believe that you are holding my hand when other people's hands have slipped away from mine.


No comments: