Tuesday, November 17

The moment I knew I had to let you go


It was the day you came to pick me up at my office to bring me home like you always do. You always come to pick me very early because I loathe waiting but when you arrive, I always make you wait -sometimes even for hours. It was that day when I picked another fight with you due to my blown-up ego and pettiness, I'm sure.

You were sitting defeatedly on the floor in the hallway outside my office while I was standing up determined not to let you win the argument when I noticed that you were silent and that your thick, beautiful lashes were wet with tears. It was then that I came to the realization that I don't deserve you at all. I will remember this day when you wore red and I made you cry. I always pick fights with this man who adores me and it shouldn't have to be this way. 

I vowed to never make you cry again. I know that although being with you will ultimately benefit me, it will hurt you because you were prepared to do anything for me -to give up your religion just to please my mother and to do what it takes to please me.

A few days ago I celebrated your birthday by eating palabok alone at Jollibee. Noodles for long life and your continuous happiness. You will always be my sacred and my beautiful. Thank you.

No comments: