Monday, April 10

I’ve always told myself I’ll only enter into a relationship wit a guy if he be naiz as ma best GURL friend is to me. [which goes to show how lame tha men around me are.] She serves me food first [even @ my own home], combs my hair fo’ me when am too lazy to be bother’d wit it, takes me home when it’s late in tha night, etc. –all part of tha niceness that is her. I remember I’ve mention’d tis to a guy I haven’t met once. Then when we dated, it’s as if he has tis mental checklist –He order’d for us [I’ve told him I’d rather have other people tell tha waiters wut I want coz I’m shy], he served me our pizza, and he even tried to comb my hair wit his hand. It really amused me coz he did tha exact same things I told him about ma friend, and he tried to cram it in a day when tha ‘general niceness’ and ‘unassholeness’ of ma friend was actually wut I appreciated. And so it came out all ‘scripted’ looking and unnatural. Like he doesn’t really do those things but is pressured to make a good impression on me. He diden even complete his mental list of literal things dun by ma friend –he forgot to take me home. [or mebbe I diden tell him she does that.] After that, I don’t tell men they shud be nicer than my girl friends anymore. I mean if they are born nice, they will be nice and if they are assholes, then nuthin will stop em no matter how many discussions we be havin’ ‘bout gurl friends being nice.

No comments: