Wednesday, December 17

Have Yourself A #MerrySMChristmas

#merrysmxmas

SM has always played a huge part in my Christmas -whether it be Christmas of the past back when I was a small little girl like Kendra, or Christmas in the present where I always run to SM for Christmas gifts. That is why I've decided to dedicate a post in answering "What does MerrySMChristmas mean to me?"

1. Being a generous Tita. 

            - MerrySMChristmas means taking the time to be a good tita to my nephews and nieces, godsons and goddaughters. This includes taking my niece, Basha to the mall to have her photo op with the wonderful Christmas display SM has. I also take her shopping for her favorite toys at Toy Kingdom. The trips to SM always puts a smile on her face and seeing her happy is enough to melt any grouchy auntie's heart. 




2. Hearing my favorite Christmas jingles on the mall's speakers. 
       - MerrySMChristmas will not be complete without getting in the mood for the holiday season. Before Christmas rolls around the corner, I can always trust SM to play well loved Christmas jingles on their speakers to get me psyched up for the holiday season as I grocery shop for my daily needs such as meat, rice, noodles, toiletries and other essentials! Among my favorite Christmas songs include classical hits like God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, All I Want for Christmas Is You, Christmas In Our Hearts and the Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire song.




3. Having a festive Sunday family lunch. 
          -MerrySMChristmas is a chance to enjoy a meal with my family without having to worry about preparing and cooking the food. Hence, come December, we head on to SM to eat lunch every Sunday after church before we go and shop for gifts. What makes December Sunday lunches special is how we get to enjoy festive Christmas specials ranging from tasty pasta dishes to succulent roasted pigs and chicken to holiday frappuccino, cookies and cakes.  





4. Reuniting with my friends for a shopping spree then dinner. 
              -MerrySMChristmas is about maintaining strong bonds with the people we love. That's why every year, me and my friends get together to catch up on each other's lives by shopping for Christmas gifts for our family together as well as eating dinner. What better time to buy each other vodka shots, exchange gifts and take the gazillions of pictures with everyone present and at their best attire and moods?




5. Christmas shopping made extra special with extended hours and discounts. 
          - MerrySMChristmas is a chance to enjoy shopping more for me and my loved ones through the season's discounts and extended hours SM gives me. Now,  there is more time to shop and I have more money to spend too!  Win-win! 




6. Doing my share for charity. 
         -MerrySMChristmas means experiencing the joy of giving. That's why this year, I decided to participate in SM Cares' Bears of Joy. 




With SM Cares' Bears of Joy, you can have two bears for only P200 -one to keep and the other to give to charity. Of course, you can also just choose to give both bears to charity (which is what I did.) Just like me, I hope that you will find that exhibiting genuine concern to the less fortunate and doing something to make their lives somewhat better gives you a priceless feeling. To know more about this selfless program by SM and how you can participate, you may visit this link.  

And to rev you up further for the coming holidays, here's something for you... watch what SM has in store for you and enjoy! Merry Christmas to all and may you all feel the true spirit of the season through being considerate, warm and loving to your fellow beings! Cheers! 






No comments: