Saturday, April 19

Guilty! Been guilty of goin’ online & pointedly ignorin’ blogger and tryin’ not to think of tha fact that I have avoided postin anythang that comes from ma lazy mind lately. Ma mind is lazy lately in sympathy & “pakikiramay” to ma body which is currently playin’ tricks on me & makin me think that I have SARS, wit all tha SARS syndrome & evrythang. [headache, cold, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.] Am on ma fifth sick day now. And I hafta ask... is eatin’ ice cream allow’d? Coz I’m finishin’ up one now. [a cookie dough Cornetto]
***
I think I have found ma career. Or rather tha career found me. Our maid turn’d out to enjoy her holy week vacation at her home -so much so that as of lunch today, she came back from vacation wit her two hulking ate’s to gather her thangs and leave us. So now I’m…still a bum. I’ve realized that I’m as helpful around tha house almost as much as ma pea-brain’d brotha is. Plus I have tis strong reaction to dust which means gotta stay away from housecleanin’. I could do tha leetle thangs though. Mebbe I cud be an assistant maid tis summer.
***
Yesterday I whipp’d out maver’s mini cookbook and baked butterscotch bars. Turn’d out pretty edible too, considerin’ tha fact that I’ve substituted maple syrup for corn syrup since we diden have any corn s. in tha house. In fact am munching on some right now. Yea! Mebbe I cud sell tha ones left in tha Tupperware to tha neighbors or sumthin’ & start a baking career!
***
Last night I watch’d a late night show on tha discovery channel about people call’d profilers who play’d major parts in solvin’ crimes. They’re into tha human mind & studied people’s behaviors til they are able to give a profile of tha criminal for tha investigators to track down so their job is actually diff’rent from tha investigator’s. Por ejemplo, one profiler studied a serial prostitute-murderer’s actions till he wuz able to come up wit tha fact that tha criminal wuz in his late thirties, wuz white, have a normal job that allows him to blend wit people, is familiar to prostitutes, and drove a mini van. Tha investigators were able to catch tha culprit bcoz of tis profile, which they watch’d out for. Anotha wuz tha case of a mum & a baby murder’d. Incidentally, tha victims were reported as seen wit anotha passenger in their car –a drug dealer who wuz not harm’d tha least. Tha police wud’ve gone arrestin’ tha dealer if it weren’t fo tha profiler who said that most killers only kill adults & don’t include babies since babies are too young to be used as witnesses to crimes. In tha end they arrested tha father&his cuzin – tha real criminals. Now, I’m wonderin’ if there are any job openings for profilers tis side of tha world? Mebbe that’s where ma real callin’ is! ;-)

No comments: