Tuesday, April 22

Today is so-so. Yesterday was so-so. And so was last week. Tomorrow will most likely be so-so too. Hey, R.! Can I go wit you to Never-never land?
***
Hindi aco pede mag-internet. Some company might be tryin’ to reach me to say that they need me & I’ve landed a job. Yeah, right. Who am I kiddin’?
***
I juz luuv tha feelin that untangling nasty knots outta ma accessories and unearthing lost thangs in ma room brings.
***
Believe it or not, tha first time I’ve held a baby in ma arms occurred only three to four years ago. I’ve handled kids of all ages all ma life. In fact, I can relate so much to em bein’ an overgrown kid ma’self. But I’ve alwez avoided carryin’ babies that are less than a year old fo fear of droppin’ tha fragile wee ‘uns on tha head seein’ as I’m not exactly tha most careful person on earth. Then I met Anfernee. Anfernee is ma cuzin’s son and he wuz tha most beautiful fat baby I’ve ever met. He had tha fairest skin and had beautiful doe eyes and he wuz not cranky unlike most babies. He wuz callin’ out to be held & I wuz not one to resist him. And so I took ma nephew from another tita’s arms and held a baby for tha first time in ma own arms. Anfernee easily lean’d on me & I wuz surprised at how easily he could trust me & also at how heavy tha li’l un weighed. I wuz enjoyin’ tha feel of a fat contented baby in ma arms when ma maver came and saw me. Uneasy at tha sight of clumsy me holdin’ a heavy baby, maver took Anfernee gently from ma arms. Wut happen’d next wuz unforgettable fo me. As I reluctantly handed Anfernee to mum, tha leetle ‘un’s tiny mouth turn’d downwards & he shed two silent tears as we parted.

No comments: