Sunday, May 18

Cut ma mini-vacation short to go to a job interview and take a written test. Thought tha written test might consist of two-three easy essay queschns. Wrong. Tha test consisted of an IQ test, a logic test, a verbal test, a mental test, and a 195-item personality test plus 8 essay questions. It took me six hours to finish it up including tha interview. Competition consisted of an American guy wit a badly sunburn’d face, a blah lookin’ gal who writes freelance for PDI, PhilStar, and some mag I diden quite catch, and a lightly made-up pretty lady who is currently a PR for some company. All three look’d like they’re in their late twenties, ‘cept maybe for tha Kano who might be in his thirties. Tha freelance writer who sat opposite from me started conversation & ask’d ‘bout our current employment status while we were waitin for tha HR wonderboy. Already had ma mouth open to answer when I noticed that she wuz not talkin to me but to Ms. PR at ma right. Closed ma mouth & smiled blankly at tha two of em while they snubb’d me & chatted chummily in English bout their fab jobs. Sunburn’d Kano who sat beside Ms. snooty freelance writer wuz oblivious to tha world, buried in an ancient paperback wit yellow’d pages while I sat there across from Snooty quietly meditating in French.

No comments: