Thursday, May 1

Some people worry when they come across that part of an are-you-a-good-friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband etc. quiz where it asks them wut their friend’s fav’rite color, movie, etc. is and they don’t know tha answer. [Geez, so embarrassing I dunno tha answer to questions 103-105! I must be a very lousy friend!] Kinda makes me think, if they git bumm’d by tis kinda thangs, then they must not be super chill wit their pals. For em to be worryin’ bout not knowin’ a pal’s fave color is like sayin’ that they won’t have tha rest of their lives to be discussin’ these thangs. Like they have limited chances to talk and they’ve already blown their chances at great kinship by failin’ to have an early talk about fav’rite thangs. Personally, I revel in slackening and not knowin’ everythin’ there is to know bout ma best bud –thinkin’ that tha small part of him in which I lack knowledge about is wut keeps him and makes him stay wit me. If you’re one of em worried test-takers and you’re still worried over that are-you-a-good-friend low grade u got, there’s actually a way to have a perfect score for these kinda quizzes. Simply have a slam book conversation wit yer friend. Out of tha blue, bark out one queschn after another leavin only a li’l pause for him/her to answer. Like an ordinary slam book, you should include basic queschns like name, nickname, address, etc. Don’t let her butt in wit stories of her first crush or let her elaborate on her fave movie –remember tha more slam book queschns you ask, tha more slam book answers you’ll be gettin’, hence tha higher grade on yer next are-you-a-good-friend quiz!
***
Every’un loves numbers. Just try writing down all of your friends’ e-mail address on a piece of paper, and eventually you’ll come across addies like jobeth_10 or toyz041282. Back in high school when your test paper is return’d back to ya, you will find that it is corrected by anne #15. It is understood that a person’s fav’rite number most likely has sumthin’ to do wit that person & his/her g.f./b.f.’s anniversary date. Once, I ask’d a friend wut his fave no. is and he answer’d like tis: “Wala! Bat para saan ba’ yon?”, in a tone daring me to say that numbers are for attach’d persons & daring me to say outloud that he’s unattached. On tha other hand, there are those unattach’d persons who attach numbers after their names anyway. These numbers usually refer to tha order of their crushes’ initials in tha alphabet [por ejemplo 10 for j=joey], or tha total number of letters in their crushes’ names. In high school, I became aware that a guy wuz crushin’ on me when he marvel’d over how ma 4 names consist of 8 letters each. [“Uy, anggaling noh? Tig-8 letters pala lahat ng pangalan mo!”] I maself used to favor numbers 17 & 19 after tha number of letters in two of ma crushes’ names. I even almost got into a fight when a gurl in ma class found out that we have tha same fav’rite number & she fear’d that we had tha same crush & that I wuz after her crush. Of course, unattach’d crush-deficient individuals still find excuse to attach numbers to their names. They simply use their birthdates. In some ways, havin’ your birthday for yer fav’rite number could really be advantageous. Wut better way to remind yer Alzheimer-infested friends to buy you gifts on yer bday than to be scrawlin’ those dates right after yer name on every pieca paper ya find? I certainly did not forget toyz041282@yahoo’s bday after receivin’ daily streams of forwarded emails from him. Anyway, I must have a fav’rite numbah...right? I do. It’s tha number 3. Had been ma fave # since I wuz a child. Why? I like tha looks of it. I don’t like lookin’ at 5 or 1 or 7. But I don’t spell ma name wit it or put it right after ma name. I’ve undergone a stage [2nd yr highschool- 4th yr] in ma life when I spell ma name 5h1n3! -sometimes I still do but I don’t remember ever spellin’ ma name wit a number right after it. For me, tis practice is almost as bad as tha one where people put an unnecessary “h” in their names. [e.g. Jhun, Bhabes,etc.]
***

No comments: