Sunday, August 3

Me tha munstah!
I miss those Chinese pink coinlike candies that has been around since I was a kid. Today in church, chance had me seated next to a li’l boy of four & his mum. Mum was offerin’ haw flakes to her kid & I felt an urge to extend ma palm out & beg for a piece. Sometimes I git tis sudden urges to act against reason & [ma] age. Made a mental note to buy some on ma next trip to tha grocery. As tha lecture droned on, wee boy got a bit restless & whiny so tha mum tried to make him behave. Know how mothers try to turn strangers into ill-temper’d monsters to make their children behave? Well, guess who got appointed meany-mo today? “Ssshhh!!! Behave or she’ll get mad at you!” Mum hiss’d at her son, pointin’ her thumb backwards at me. Tha boy consider’d me but continued to whine & misbehave. I guess big gurls who have secret cravings for li'l boys' candies don’t scare him one bit.

No comments: