Friday, February 14

For tha second time this month, I’ve gatecrash’d a wedding. How about that? And a Valentine wedding at that. I feel like a Peeping Tom, like an intruder who gets cheap thrills from snatching glimpses from other people’s happiness. But wut can I do? I’m a sucker for sappy films, sappy books, and sappy weddings, and I extract from ‘em tha same high I git from lookin’ at an assortment of cute bags and earrings on sale although I don’t cry at tha sight of a gorgeous bag.
***
I’m sorry I did not play by tha rules. I’m sorry I forgot that we’re juz suppos’d to be usin’ each other to ward off loneliness and past hurts that haunted us. I forgot that tha player who expects to win loses. And so I guess I’m tha loser. But you know how I hate losin’ …don’t you? And so I made you lose first. Of course, I knew that tha game diden matter much to you anyway.
***
My Kyun-woo, where are you?

No comments: