Monday, February 17

You are not mine. You are a borrowed jewel left in ma hands by your owner who has got to go away for sometime. I’m returning you now. That doesn’t mean that I diden enjoy taking care of you. But you hafta go coz you’re not mine and you don’t feel like mine. Maybe she’ll let me keep you. Maybe I’ll accept. But for now you feel like a lost jewel that needs to be return’d.
***
Everyone has his or her own great person. I’m wonderin’ who or where mine has gone -tis great person who would be tha mortal person closest to me in tis world. I’m guessin’ that he or she is a person of the future –a daughter, a nephew, a grandson, or a sister-in-law. Ma great person could also be someone whom I know right now. Maybe it’s ma maver. But we are separated by too much layers of stubborn will and fightin’ back tha emotion to appreciate each other. Could it be ma grandparents? Sometimes I would like to give em a chance too, but sudden closeness just duzen seem right after too many years of polite courtesy and passin’ askin’ about each other’s health as conversation. It could not be ma best friend since fourth grade. She is not ma best friend any more for reasons I can’t tell coz betrayin’ an ex-bestfriend is almost like betrayin’ one’s self. Could it be tis close guy friend I have? I tell him almost everythin’ but I also know for a fact that half of tha time he doesn’t care, and tha other half of tha time, he’s playin his PlayStation or liftin’ weights or other thangs. Could it be one of ma school pals? But I don’t tell em evrythang either fo’ one might spill to tha others & they gon be laughin’ at me. Come to think of it, tha great person could be any of ma friends -i have a lotta great persons in ma life but wut fun is it to have a great person if you can’t be his/her great person too? Apparently, tis great person has not come to me yet. That or I juz need a best friend and/or a boyfriend. Mebbe I’m juz too bitchy to have these things. But half of tha time, I’m also nice. So, c’mon great person…
***
Is sumthin’ wrong wit wantin’ a boyfriend who duzen have a gurl bestfriend, and wantin’ a best friend who duzen have a boyfriend/gurlfriend?

No comments: